Conferences allow two or more people to call into the system and talk together.
To add a new conference:
- Log in to the Enswitch web interface.
- Go to Features » Conferences.
- Click New to display the blank conference form. The conference code is
automatically generated. It is, however, modify-able.
- Enter the following: (fields marked with are required)
Conference code: a unique, initially system-generated code (a six character
¨ Description: This text displays in the list of conferences next to the conference
¨ Conference owner: Valid choices are limited to the people enrolled in the
system (see 19, People). The owner can edit the conference even without
PIN (three options):
- Administrator PIN: caller can lock the conference to new callers.
- Talk PIN: caller can talk and listen.
- Listen PIN caller can listen but not to talk
¨ Maximum number of people: maximum allowed in the conference. When a
caller attempts to log in to the conference after it is full, the system plays an
error message and disconnects the caller.
¨ Ask callers to record name: when set to yes, the callers are asked to record their
¨ Play music to first caller: when set to yes, music plays to the first caller until
¨ Play music to all callers until an administrator joins: when set to yes, music
plays to all callers until an administrator joins the conference.
¨ Duration of conference: Outside of this time, callers cannot log in to the
conference. Callers already in the conference are not disconnected at the end.
To have callers access the conference at any time, set the duration to
¨ First conference starts: Set the time when the first conference starts. One
minute before this time, the system sends notifications to the registered
attendees. Use this option with permanent conferences to send notifications.
¨ Repeats: starts:
Enter the telephone numbers to call or email addresses to send notifications to just before the
conference starts. The called users are not asked for a PIN, but are put directly into the conference
with the access you set here (talk, listen or administrator).
- Click Save.
- Set a number or feature code to forward to “Conference login”. *3 is set to
conference login by default.
- To set a number to forward to Conference login, go to Features » Numbers
2. Click the desired number (such as 02030020808 in the above example)
3. In the Default destination section of the Number form, select the conference
by number and the what users are able to do if they call in to the conference
using this number (join the conference by entering a PIN, serve as an
administrator, tall or just listen).
To see the conference details associated with the default destination, click the green arrow to the
right of the PIN entry.
- Click Save.
- To create a feature code that forwards to Conference login, go to Features »
Feature codes, click New, and enter a unique feature code.
- In the Default destination section of the form, select the conference by number
as described in the previous steps.
- Click Save.
- Call this number or feature code when the conference is active. You are asked for a
conference code and PIN. On entry you are connected to the conference.